leaking hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leaking hose

Today, while out on the lake we noticed the engine bogging down. After looking in the engine compartment I noticed a considerable amount of water in the bilge. I noticed that the water intake hose was leaking along with a plug. I think the hose is the intake hose as the water was cool. Question, this hose is small in circumference in comparison to the others. Does anyone know is this is indeed the intake hose and if so, where can I pick one up to replace (part number would be helpful).

2006 24Ve Vortec 380HP.

Pictures are worth a thousand words.
    If it’s your intake it’d be one of the big hoses. Comes in from a thru hull fitting goes to the Drive then to your transmission cooler and into your impellor to get circulated through your engine before exciting through the exhaust.
    Smaller hose may be cooling water for your shaft seal if equipped with a dripless seal. Could also be water for heater if you have one.
    Where is the plug you’re referring to?

Comment

^^^^ thats my thinking, cooling supply for the shaft seal.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks guys. I was incorrect. I thought it was a hose but its actually a plug that began to leak, behind the fuel line toward the back right corner.

IMG_20180722_193354.jpg

Comment

Hose clamps looks like its hardly on the rubber cap. Id loosen the clamp and readjust, then re-tighten.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

^mmmmmhmmm, said in my best sling blade voice

Comment

The cap was longer. The clamp covered as much as it could to get us back to the dock. Anyhow, autozone carries plugs and will be replacing the entire piece.

Comment

Working...
              X