Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat wont start

Thread title is the customer complaint.

Here's why it wouldn't start!! Bilge plug left in all winter and boat filled with water. Shockingly was able to free up the starter motor with a hammer. Water was pumping out of the starter while cranking

Just a friendly reminder to pull those bilge plugs.
    Attached Files

DAC8E4CF-A4B5-4CCC-8CDC-25DF6727B9E6.jpg

Comment

remember:
      people leaving their bilge plugs in all winter keeps you employed
      2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
      2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

^^^You are correct and normally I love work like this. $800 and change for starter R and R. Impeller R and R. Belt and idler pulley replacements (customer had complaints of squealing). Trans and V drive flush. Fairly quick money for our service dept that pays with real money. Unfortunately up to my eyeballs in warranty work (not just Tige but Moomba, Supra, Indmar, Regal, Premier, and I am guessing Mastercraft shortly after we deliver the 5 that show up next month). Just the nature of the beast and have to keep new boat owners happy or it could be us getting name dropped in a thread about "class action lawsuits". We want all our customers happy but its hard to push off people for warranty work that pays at a lower rate than retail.....Cest la Vie

Comment

Wow.... LMAO.... Keep up the good work. But honestly would not want that job. Because some people you can not please no mater if it is the best boat they ever owned one day. and a POS that can't make a wave the next.

Comment

Originally posted by gumby View Post
            Wow.... LMAO.... Keep up the good work. But honestly would not want that job. Because some people you can not please no mater if it is the best boat they ever owned one day. and a POS that can't make a wave the next.
            Lots of truth in that one. Re reading my post, I was being a whiner. Just that time of the year. Being too busy isn't a bad problem to have in the world of recreational purchases.

Comment

Working...
            X