2008 Tige 22VE Rough idle/stall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 Tige 22VE Rough idle/stall

Anyone ever experience an intermittent rough idle and stall? It usually only happens once per trip at low speed and takes a few (10) tries to start and then runs fine. Changed the fuel filter but it didn’t make any difference, any input would be appreciated. 350 Marine Power motor.

Any common factors when it happens or just random?

Comment

I am getting just about the same problems from my 2009 22ve. Replaced Cap, Rotor and plugs. Have not replaced the fuel filter but just ordered one. I was thinking it was the SeaFoam I put in the fuel tank, maybe it loosened some of the junk in the tank and clogged the fuel filter. My problems show up when I start the boat at the launch. It will start up and die shortly after. I will do this dance several times before it runs. Once I get moving past idle it seems to run just fine. I did see a small puff of smoke this last time I started her up.

Comment

Originally posted by peapthis View Post
        Anyone ever experience an intermittent rough idle and stall? It usually only happens once per trip at low speed and takes a few (10) tries to start and then runs fine. Changed the fuel filter but it didn’t make any difference, any input would be appreciated. 350 Marine Power motor.
        Kinda sounds like the IAC valve....

Comment

Agreed it sounds like IAC valve. Easy to replace

Comment

Agree IAC but I would do ECM/ECU temp sensor also. They are cheep and while you are there. Especially if the boat starts and idiles fine warm.

Comment

Thanks for the help I will give it a try

Comment

So I talked the the rep from marine power and he said this model boat doesn’t have a separate IAC you have to replace the whole throttle body, but he mentioned my problem sounds like vapor lock and to let it cool down a bit before shutting off the motor. Tried this and still the same problem. Checked the fuel cooling system and all is good, has anyone ever had a problem with vapor lock and if so what was the cure?

Comment

When it happens, see if just applying throttle in neutral allows it to start. If so, change the throttle body with this:

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b...tle+Body&pos=1

and this

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b...g+Gasket&pos=0
                  Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Working...
                  X