taps 2 actuator part #

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

taps 2 actuator part #

Hey guys, I have a new to me 08 Z1 with the taps 2. The gauge is stuck at 8, the actuator does run up and down. So I assumed the actuator was bad and called Bennett which told me how to test it. When I went to test the sensor I found that there is no wires coming out of the actuator. Upon further investigation, I found the wires under the dash have been cut off and there is no wires at all going to the back except the pump wires. I am assuming someone swapped the actuator at one time with a non-sensored one for what ever reason. Does anybody know the correct part # for it? Bennett needs the original part # to cross it to the new actuators. I have contacted 4 different dealerships to get prices on a few other parts and only heard back from 1 after 2 weeks. Even contacted Tige direct and talked with tech support, he was going to get with parts and get back to me and never has, i have called back several times and leave messages, but no return calls. Frustrated with Tige customer service at this point. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

SA4015CSRC. It will need to be special ordered. Tige keeps them in stock and can be ordered through a dealership as "08 taps actuator".
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by tigemt View Post
      Hey guys, I have a new to me 08 Z1 with the taps 2. The gauge is stuck at 8, the actuator does run up and down. So I assumed the actuator was bad and called Bennett which told me how to test it. When I went to test the sensor I found that there is no wires coming out of the actuator. Upon further investigation, I found the wires under the dash have been cut off and there is no wires at all going to the back except the pump wires. I am assuming someone swapped the actuator at one time with a non-sensored one for what ever reason. Does anybody know the correct part # for it? Bennett needs the original part # to cross it to the new actuators. I have contacted 4 different dealerships to get prices on a few other parts and only heard back from 1 after 2 weeks. Even contacted Tige direct and talked with tech support, he was going to get with parts and get back to me and never has, i have called back several times and leave messages, but no return calls. Frustrated with Tige customer service at this point. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
      I have same boat with same problem. Did you get it fixed?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
      2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
      360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

Comment

thank you, i did get one and works great now

Comment

yes it did, when I pulled the old actuator it looked like the wires were cut off flush with the hull. I had to pull the harness up to the dash but wasn't too bad with a fish tape.

Comment

Working...
          X