17 Z3 touch screen not coming on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17 Z3 touch screen not coming on

2017 z3 touch screen not coming on. blue button not lighting up. worked fine last time out. boat has power will start fine just no screen

I'm sure someone with way more knowledge than me will chime in but the first thing i would try is to put the battery switch on both batteries. Mine acts up when my house battery is low. I'm assuming the 17's have a similar switch as my 14. Did you check the fuses?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremiah.hough View Post
      I'm sure someone with way more knowledge than me will chime in but the first thing i would try is to put the battery switch on both batteries. Mine acts up when my house battery is low. I'm assuming the 17's have a similar switch as my 14. Did you check the fuses?
      i have done all of the above. 1 battery or 2 batteries makes no difference. both batteries 95% charged and putting out 13.4 volts. all fuses look good. i have to be missing something somewhere. i even put my own charger on them instead of the onboard charger just to make sure.

Comment

You checked the fuse under the dash on the little fuse panel with 4 fuses? Just want to be sure.

Did the plug on the blue button come unplugged? Do you have power at that red wire going into the blue button? Is the ground wire good on the blue button?

Mulitmeter and a few probes can tell us quickly where the issue is at.
        Oh Yeah!

Comment

its plugged in. i have to meter the button this evening. there is power everywhere else but we will see.

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
            You checked the fuse under the dash on the little fuse panel with 4 fuses? Just want to be sure.

Did the plug on the blue button come unplugged? Do you have power at that red wire going into the blue button? Is the ground wire good on the blue button?

Mulitmeter and a few probes can tell us quickly where the issue is at.
            isolated the problem. overlooked a fuse. the circuit that powers the screen has a dead short. put a new fuse in and as soon as i turn batteries on it blows. that circuit also powers the rear video. unplugged the power for the video and it works perfect. looked like there was moisture in the camera, so thats most likely the problem. working for now.

Comment

Working...
            X