2016 Tige RZX: Emissions Misfire Cyl 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 Tige RZX: Emissions Misfire Cyl 3

I have a 2016 Tige RZX and seeing the following codes (causes the check engine light to come on along with the beeping):

- SPN: 1325, FMI: 11, Emissions Misfire Cyl 3
    - SPN: 1325, FMI: 31, Cat Damaging Misfire Cyl 3

Any ideas?

poor fuel/water in fuel. Check your fuel/water separator. If its not full of water, then you got some bad bad gas.
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Was it actually misfiring or still running fine?? There was a memo from Tige to remove the heat shields from the spark plug boots for this issue.

If its actually misfiring could also be the plug, coil, or injector.

Comment

As soon as the check engine light came on and the codes appeared the boat immediately began decreasing power. I let off the throttle and then re-engaged, keeping it around 25mph and I was able to make it back to the marina. I reset everything (cut the power) and took it out the next day and it seem to work fine but I kept it below 30mph. For the last few times when I surf there seems to be excessive fumes which may be part of the problem. This happened last year and I took it in to the dealer and they flashed the ROM with an update from Indmar that was suppose to take care of the issue. I used it the remainder of last year and things seemed to have worked fine.

I've filled up 2-3 times at the local marinas using 93 and 89 (no ethanol) so could have possibly got water.

Any recommendations?

Comment

Where's the fuel/water separator located on the engine?

Comment

Originally posted by BigMacTN View Post
            Where's the fuel/water separator located on the engine?
            Missed this post. No fuel water separator on your 16RZX. Fuel runs straight from the in tank fuel pump to the fuel pressure regulator. It's been a bit but I'm fairly certain the FPR sends signal to the ECM. Based on those inputs ECM uses pulse width modulation to run the fuel pump. How the Raptor manages without a return to tank line.
            Is your boat equipped with the supercharger???
            Last edited by freeheel4life; 06-07-2018, 05:25 AM.

Comment

I had the same issue. Heat shields were removed and it worked. Although mine never lost any power or ran rough it just had the codes. I think they also reset the computer.
              Last edited by DJ13; 07-10-2018, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X