Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2005 22v 5.7 Marine Power Engine - Intermittently will not start

Hello All,
    Boat was running great yesterday. I went to start the engine and nothing happened. I jiggled the gear shift a few times and it started and ran fine. Later that day it did the same thing again so I messed with the gear shift again and it started. It took several attempts and I was concerned it was not going to start. Now I'm worried about taking it out again until i find the problem. I suspect it is the neutral safety switch that keeps the engine from starting if the boat is in gear. Can someone direct me to the location of that switch and possibly any additional items I should check that may cause this issue? Thank you. Doug

The neutral safety switch is usually located on the transmission itself and has two wires going to it, both are yellow with a red stripe. If its not there, it will be in the shifter assembly and is a mechanical switch, same color wires going to it. If its in the shifter, you'll have to remove the assembly from its mount. If its on the trans, it'll be on top, perpendicular to the shift shaft on the side of the trans (the shaft where the shift cable attaches). Here's what it looks like on the trans.

https://www.google.com/search?q=v+dr...Fmh21PsdjKNXM:
    Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Working...
    X