Ballast fills won’t empty RZR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

had the RZR out today for first time this season (Australia). Filled all balllast but have an issue with port rear not emptying. The gauge shows it emptying but no water coming out and bag remained full.
    I just had the steering cable changed over so wondering if wiring could have been knocked behind the dash panel cos at end of last season all worked fine??
    Definitely no humming from pump when in empty mode.
    Where do I start to sort through this, switch, wiring??
    Can I manually empty ballast?
    Appreciate the help guys TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What year model is your RZR? That may help in the discussion...

I believe I would start at the pump and make sure the fuse is good.

Comment

Thanks Yes it’s a 2011 RZR
      The pump works, it fills the ballast and I can hear it hum

Comment

Drain is a completely separate pump, so the hum you hear in the bilge when filling, will be a different hum from the back locker when draining.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
          Drain is a completely separate pump, so the hum you hear in the bilge when filling, will be a different hum from the back locker when draining.
          Awesome, where is the drain pump located, and what should I check for?

Comment

Its under the locker floor, against the transom. Check for battery voltage across the brown and black wires with the pump on. But first, id check the fuse behind the black cover under the helm.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Ok so a quick check this morning in between unwrapping Xmas pressies, checked fuses and look good
              Hit the manual empty switch next to fuse panel for a quick test and water **** out, couldn’t continue cos boats in garage
              So I guess
              Pump works
              Power is getting to pump
              Manual switch works
              Could it be an issue with touch screen, although it did indicate emptying and bag % level was dropping on screen but not actually emptying bag
              What else should I check?

Merry Xmas to all Tige owners and your families, have a great day

Comment

Yes it seems like many people are having this problem on the rzr. Basically our solution was put it on full for a minute and get some water into the pump and then hit drain and it would drain out.

Not sure which year you have but the drain lines were looped to help with passive draining and they would never get suction.

Comment

Not trying to hijack the thread, but what exactly is passive drawing and filling?

Comment

Originally posted by ray.gusman.35 View Post
                    Ok so a quick check this morning in between unwrapping Xmas pressies, checked fuses and look good
                    Hit the manual empty switch next to fuse panel for a quick test and water **** out, couldn’t continue cos boats in garage
                    So I guess
                    Pump works
                    Power is getting to pump
                    Manual switch works
                    Could it be an issue with touch screen, although it did indicate emptying and bag % level was dropping on screen but not actually emptying bag
                    What else should I check?

Merry Xmas to all Tige owners and your families, have a great day

Ok, pump is ok and wiring from pump to helm is good. Could be issue with TT or viper. The ballast level % is more of a calculation base don the pump's supposed run run time. The system doesnt know how much water is in the system or if the pump is actually running, just knows you turned on a pump. Once you correct the issue, likely need to do a recalculation.

I would check the fuse with a volt/ohm meter.

Originally posted by Brianrzr View Post
                    Not trying to hijack the thread, but what exactly is passive drawing and filling?
                    There can be times where a ballast tank or sac can fill or drain without a pump being on. The water come in or drains off passively.

Comment

Have had a bit of a closer look and as it turns out it was a fuse
                      But I was looking in the wrong fuse slot and I’m confused
                      The images below show fuse position 17 & 18 “port bag fill and port bag empty”, this was my first fuse to check and fuses were ok
                      Then a closer today look I noticed another fuse position 6 & 7 “left rear drain and left rear fill” the drain position fuse was blown, so now ballast functions ok
                      What is position 17 & 18 operating?

Comment

Any help to clarify fuses shown above is appreciated [emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by ray.gusman.35 View Post
                          Any help to clarify fuses shown above is appreciated [emoji106]

TIA

Comment

6, 7, 8, and 9 are for the rear port and starboard bags/tanks.
                            13, 14 and 17, 18 are the bow port and starboard bags.
                            Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
                              6, 7, 8, and 9 are for the rear port and starboard bags/tanks.
                              13, 14 and 17, 18 are the bow port and starboard bags.
                              Cheers much appreciated

Comment

Working...
                              X