Vapor Locking Manifold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vapor Locking Manifold?

So this past weekend as we are leaving the boat ramp my wife who was driving looked down at the temp gauge and saw that it was way above normal. I have had this happen a few times after draining the engine block and manifold. The fix is simple, open the port side drain on the bottom of the manifold until I get water coming out; starboard never has this problem and always has water. After than all is fine. But this time the was different in that we had taken the boat out the day before and had not drained the block or manifolds.

So my question is, is there anything that I need to look at on the MP 5.7L that could be causing this or do I just need to keep doing what I normally do and check the temp gauge before I leave the cove?

I went out this weekend and everything worked as normal though still concerned. Though from the lack of response I guess that I am the odd man out

Comment

im guessing you have sand or debris in your cooling system. I would install a water strainer if it doesnt already have one.

Comment

I added a strainer last season before the issue started. The manifold seems to drain just fine with little restriction. The hill country lakes have hard water but little in the way of dirt or sand that I think could get trapped in the manifold, but I have been wrong before.

Comment

When was the last time you replaced your pump impeller? I had one that went bad and started doing the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Interesting, I like the idea

I have not replaced it since I bought from the dealer beginning of last year. I got the service records from the dealer and one item they did was replace the impeller. I was planning on replacing at the end of this year. I may have to move the time table up.

Comment

Originally posted by h2o-ski View Post
              Interesting, I like the idea

I have not replaced it since I bought from the dealer beginning of last year. I got the service records from the dealer and one item they did was replace the impeller. I was planning on replacing at the end of this year. I may have to move the time table up.
              It's just a thought but pull the cover off and look at it at least, the paddles may be worn or have chunks missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X