2013 Z1 not getting up to speed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 Z1 not getting up to speed.

Last time out everything was fine. Boat's top speed was 35mph. Nothing changed, now topping out at 22mph. 1235 prop. Any thoughts as too why? All pressures and temps are normal. Hitting about 4K rpm...feels real sluggish. Ballasts are empty. Odd. Any guesses would be appreciated! Heading out tomorrow to investigate further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by HoopsMT View Post
    Last time out everything was fine. Boat's top speed was 35mph. Nothing changed, now topping out at 22mph. 1235 prop. Any thoughts as too why? All pressures and temps are normal. Hitting about 4K rpm...feels real sluggish. Ballasts are empty. Odd. Any guesses would be appreciated! Heading out tomorrow to investigate further.

One thing of note, the lake did have quite a bit of wood debris the last time it was running normal.

Comment

Are the RPM's the same?

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
        Are the RPM's the same?
        That I can't confirm. But I don't think so. All is normal except when I push the throttle the last 3 inches (after I'm at 25 mph) to full there is nothing there. everything appears the same.

Comment

Are you sure cruise wasn't set for 25mph? Advancing the throttle would do nothing if this was the case.

Comment

Originally posted by ericinmich View Post
            Are you sure cruise wasn't set for 25mph? Advancing the throttle would do nothing if this was the case.
            lol. Yes I'm sure about the cruise not set. You have know tapped the extent of my knowledge here. It does act similar though. We are able to still surf, but with much less ballast since the engine just does seem to have the push it did. Basically dating everything. Bilge works, no excess water or weight in the boat. Boat is currently at a marina, taking trailer this morning, to pull it out and check underneath.

Comment

Just to confirm, the boat is getting on plane, just not past a speed of the low 20's?
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                Just to confirm, the boat is getting on plane, just not past a speed of the low 20's?
                That's correct! I've had the planing issue before. That was related to weight and prop. The weird thing is everything looks (gauges) and sound fine.

Comment

Tige to plug up the scan tool and look at some live data. Is the throttle opening wide open, is the engine timing retarded due to knock, stuff like that.
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Any chance it's in a derate?? Is yellow check engine light lit at dash???

Comment

Quick up date. Did pull the boat out. No issues underneath. Starting to think it's the prop. No engine lights or warning lights freeheel4life (tele I assume). Boat came with the original 527, needed more push and jumped to a 1617, which was amazing. Of course I damaged the prop back in June and moved to a 1235 since that's all I could get my hands on in a short period of time. Boat performed well at first and gave me more top end speed which I lost with the 1617. Why it disappeared I don't know. I will have the engine checked out this week, but it is acting like it use to with the 527. Frustrating! Anyone know a good place to send a prop to be fixed? Fast turn around would be great. Thanks for all the input guys!

Comment

Hoops,
                        Good catch on the Tele. Most never pick it up. That's my jam. We send all our props to precision propeller out of Spokane. Pretty quick turnarounds, but not next day by any means. Usually around a week to 10 days. EVERY prop we get back from them is perfect.
                        Good luck. Hopefully hooking up to Diacom will his some results.

Comment

Unless you struck the new 1235, performance would not change from one trip to the next.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                            Unless you struck the new 1235, performance would not change from one trip to the next.
                            Yep. It's not the prop. 3-4 weeks out until anyone can even take a look. So it might be awhile before I can provide an update.

Comment

Thought I'd give an update on this issue in case anyone else can benefit. Long story short, it was electrical. The alternator was shorting out and cause intermittent fuel issues that resulting in poor performance. After changing out the alternator, everything works like magic.

Comment

Working...
                              X