2008 22ve high pressure pump/ fuel water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 22ve high pressure pump/ fuel water

My boat idles and goes in forward gear fine. At times runs for 30 minutes fine..low pressure pump runs fine. Can't seem to get this fuel canister open to clean and replace filter and may just replace entire thing. Maybe they have new design. Seeking advise. I'm near Richmond VA.

Part number, true name of this part..anything may help.
    I also read that there is a t kit that directs fuel back to tank.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I had to use a strap wrench with a cheater bar to unscrew the bottom half of that assembly (I gripped the part you have in the vice and did it in-place in the boat after detaching the water hoses). The assembly is the fuel / water separator and that filter is the fuel filter.

I replaced mine after 250 hours, it was pretty dirty...

Comment

I took it to merchants and had them do it and tipped them $25. Next time I'll remove the water hoses and do it your way. That low pressure Carter fuel pump looks like crap on my boat too. May be next project. I actually thought it was a filter and I tried to take it off with a pipe wrench! I didn't see the wires on it at the bottom. I hindsight that may have been the problem because the wires were not hooked up.

Comment

Originally posted by lakechesdingolf View Post
        I took it to merchants and had them do it and tipped them $25. Next time I'll remove the water hoses and do it your way. That low pressure Carter fuel pump looks like crap on my boat too. May be next project. I actually thought it was a filter and I tried to take it off with a pipe wrench! I didn't see the wires on it at the bottom. I hindsight that may have been the problem because the wires were not hooked up.

Photo showing it apart for those with same issue

Comment

Put some anti seize on the threads so it will be easier next time.

Comment

Working...
          X