New Long Block - 2006 24ve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Long Block - 2006 24ve

Question for the seasoned Tige mechanics on this site. 2006 Tige 24ve with Marine Power 5.7liter

I have a long block on order from Marine Power that will arrive this week to replace a blown power plant. Scoping out the project - I'm thinking it would be best to disconnect the shaft from the v-drive and slide it and the transmision towards the bow to create more room to remove the motor. Does anyone have experience with replacing the motor in a 24ve that can shed some light?

Thanks in advance

If you slide it, what is going to support it? Could you not rotate it 90* and remove all at one time?

Comment

Thanks for the response Lee. I will look closer at that. I read a post with instructions for removing the v-drive and transmission (about 150lb). I thought after sliding the pair towards the bow I would support them with blocks and just have the motor to deal with - but I will consider removing it all together.

Comment

You can unbolt the engine from the V-drive and transmission and pull the engine by itself. The V-drive and transmission would stay bolted together and be supported by the motor mounts and the prop shaft.

Comment

If you don't mind explaining, what popped on the motor that is causing a rebuild? Same year, make, model, power plant here just seeing if there is anything I should look for. Thanks
          My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Thegerman618 View Post
            If you don't mind explaining, what popped on the motor that is causing a rebuild? Same year, make, model, power plant here just seeing if there is anything I should look for. Thanks
            Popped a hole in the top of the #7 piston. Random. Some claim pre-ignition but I don't know for sure. I'm having the injector tested to make sure it isn't running too lean.

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
              You can unbolt the engine from the V-drive and transmission and pull the engine by itself. The V-drive and transmission would stay bolted together and be supported by the motor mounts and the prop shaft.
              That would definitely allow more room for the motor. It's pretty tight between the back seat and the transom. I'm going to go that route - thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X