Overheat on Fake a Lake??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overheat on Fake a Lake??

Fired my beast up today on a fake a lake and it ran for 15-20 minutes just fine. Water out the exhaust and it warmed to 175 degrees and sat there. I ran in the house to grab a drink and when I came back outside the buzzer was going off and the temp gauge was about 200. Shut her down, let the engine cool, and the buzzer was gone.. Any thoughts? When I pulled the blue plug from the top of the motor, there was no water.. Could my impeller be toasted? It was new last spring and never ran out of the water till today on the fake a lake..

Did the F-a-L shift when you got out of the boat? Very common with F-a-L when the trailer moves.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

No it's still on strong... Haven't moved it yet. Water still comes out exhaust when I turn it on..

Comment

I guess I'm hoping maybe the hose doesn't supply enough water... Any chance of that?

Comment

supply volume should not have changed, so i would expected the boat to run hot or not, in that time frame before you exited the boat. Especially at idle.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Ya that's pretty much my thoughts too.. Hope there aren't bits of impeller scattered though my motor now...

Comment

Working...
            X