Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prop Shaft Strut Question

Good day all and happy boating.

Doing normal maintenance checks I noticed that my prop shaft strut on my 2000 21v is cracked pretty significantly. I want to get a replacement but I can't find anywhere online to order one and my local Tige' "shop" wants "around $500 and will take 4 to 5 weeks". Does anyone have a place they can recommend that might have something like that in stock?

Thanks

Marinehardware.com

Comment

Thank you very much. I'll be calling them tomorrow.

Comment

I have ordered a prop shaft strut as well as a rudder off of them. Both work and fit great. It was a bit of a pain to install because of the position under the motor and the sealant. I would get someone to help out....it will save a bunch of scooting back and forth to tighten the bolts.

Still, I changed it out myself without too much drama. I would never do it alone again though.

Comment

Mr144
          Check out the thread on "Changing out the cutlass bearings on 2008 24Ve" - or something close to that. Sorry I didn't take photos, just moved along and forgot to take them.

If your rudder is off centered from the shaft you will have an easier time. And Bakes5 is right, don't do it by yourself - much easier to have that second person on the other side of those bolts.
          Paul Middlemore

Comment

Working...
          X