• Show
Clear All

Shaft seel

How do you adjust shaft seel on 15 z3

adjust in terms of?
    2011 Tigé RZ4
    www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

I'm guessing it's leaking? Which seal do you have? A photo will do if your not sure.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes it is leaking I do not know which seel it is my boat is at the lake rite now

Comment

If you have the dripless then you will need some new SS set screws (1/4-20 x 1/4). In the SS Rotor are two holes 45° of each other. Remove the top set screw and then below it is another. you will have four when all removed. The SS Rotor will have a size etched on it which will be your shaft diameter. My boat is a 05 22v and has the 1 1/8" shaft which is 3/4" bellow compression. If your shaft diameter is over 1 1/2" then it's a 1" compression. Slide the SS Rotor such that it just touches the carbon disk (attached to bellow). Mark a line on the shaft using a sharpie or such so you have a reference point. Then compress bellow with the SS rotor. It's tight so doesn't move easy and best done with thumbs opposite side of each other. When compressed down 3/4" insert first set screw and torque to 6ft lbs (72 in lbs). 1/4" torque wrench and 1/8" Allen socket works best. Then insert the set screw to other hole and then add the second set screw (locking set screw) to each hole. On my boat this can be done without removing the back seat but it's a lot easier if you do. While down there check the bolts to your drive shaft flange. Mine were loose which then got me checking all the mounting bolts. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X