RZ2 overheating PCM409

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RZ2 overheating PCM409

Purchased my RZ2 late last year from Ontario and have only had it out 3-times.
    I'm now having overheating problems, I have checked all hose while the engine was idling and no leaks? When we purchased the boat it only had 41hrs we now have 65hrs in 3-weekends not sure what is happening need help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check and or replace the water pump impellor and check for trash in the v-drive as they will suck in debris from the fresh water inlet and plug in that area.

Comment

Thanks for your advice much appreciated. Not to sound like an idiot but where is the v-drive I don't have a manual yet one is on order.

Comment

V-Drive sits in front of your transmission. Look at the fresh water inlet at the bottom of your boat and follow that hose to the inlet of the drive and that is where it is most likely plugged. Might be that impellor also which is at the back of the engine and is held in place with 3-4 small screws and a plate on the water pump.

Comment

Could have the oil cooler clogged as well. I had a bunch of grass/weeds in mine previously. It did lead to higher temps.

Comment

Thanks guys, I did change the impeller and still no difference it seems to be getting worse I will check the fresh water inlet next, and then the oil cooler thanks again. By the way we are good at the v-drive thanks for that as well.

Comment

Working...
            X