Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2002 Tigé 20i - too many problems to make a thread for each one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2002 Tigé 20i - too many problems to make a thread for each one!

This is the second time typing all this cause it was deleted.

I just bought this boat locally and it needs a lot of work. Any info will be appreciated.

1. The boat came factory with a tige wake tower. The tower has a factory fit Bimini top that is missing. Any ideas on where to purchase the Bimini top?

2. The walk through windshield with black frame is missing. Any idea where to buy the windshield?

3. The TAPS gauge on the dash only works if you beat on it while adjusting the trim tab. Any idea where to purchase?

5. The factory throttle control with TAPS trim tab adjustment mounted on it has been changed with an aftermarket style shifter and the TAPS switch was moved to the dash. I would like to purchase the factory throttle control to put the boat back stock.

6. I would like to replace the "tige" oval emblem on the back of the engine cover.

7. There seems to be a pretty bad driveline vibration once you hit about 10 mph. I don't know where to start with that problem.

8. There is 3 brass fins under center of boat. One of them is broken and I need to buy one.

9. The gauge trim or instrument bezel is faded as well as the 2 switch panels on dash are broken. I would like to replace them.

Please take it easy on me as this is my first post. Any help in locating parts and advice on vibration is appreciated.

Chris
    2002 Tigé 20i with TAPS
    Tigé factory wakeboard tower
    350 MAG MPI
    Brownwood, Texas 76801

Welcome to the site! That is quite a list. Here are my suggestions.

!. I would find a local canvas shop and just have them make one for you.
    2. That's a tough one, at least it's the middle one. There is a little logo etched in the corner of the windshield that should state the manufacturer. Then I would contact http://www.taylormarine.com/windshie...portboats.html and ask for their help.
    3. Maybe try the dealer and or factory (since you are close) or try this one. http://www.oempartsllc.com/gaugefari...1-1-1-1-1.aspx
    4. There is no #4
    5&6. Dealer and or factory on that one.
    7. I would start with the prop. Check it for any dings or damage. If you have a spare, try swapping it out.
    8. Dealer and or factory. I'm sure there are other sources for those, but I don't know them.
    9. I would try the dealer and or factory on those as well. I doubt they would just have the gauge bezel, so you might just have to replace the entire gauges affected. Or I would think you could just replace them with generic ones. Here is one source http://www.boatersland.com/faria.html
    Maybe show a picture of your switches, they should be easily replaceable.

Good luck!!
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

#1 check with a local canvas shop or go to overtons.com or such or even onlyinboards.com has some custom ones but not cheap. Sunbrella.com also
      #5 as far as I know will have to be gotten from a dealer and they are around $300+
      #7 Check your prop as that is most likely the cause and not the driveline
      #8 A dealer can get the fins and they are around $150 if I remember correctly and easy to change

Might try a search on here for some more info as there are some older threads about some of these things also. Or even google search will pull up some old threads on that 20i

I haven't had my 20I for a few years but these are the things I had issues with and are easy fixes. Others will chime in with more ideas so give it time. Congrats on the boat BTW and welcome to TO!

Comment

If a previous owner hit something hard enough to break a tracking fin, the shaft/prop/rudder/strut may have likely taken a hit also. I would check them out as a source of vibration.
        Andy Nesbitt

Comment

How is the boat coming?

I was looking up another, unrelated, thread and came across this one for a center passthrough windshield. He left his email. Could be worth a shot?
          http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...-Center-Window
          Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Mike boat is coming along. It's wrappers and interior is all new. !

Comment

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
                X