Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick ? For all you owners changed your starter how to get leverage to break the bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick ? For all you owners changed your starter how to get leverage to break the bolt

How and the hell you get the bolts loose with the tight space I have a ex434 and on the front bolt I can't get nothing in there to get leverage only a wrench and can't get a socket in there any tricks of the trade be really appreciated. Thanks

If you can get the box end of the wrench in there,you can take the box end of another wrench and insert it around the right side prong of the open end for double the length.
    I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

Already tried that for leverage its so damn tight I'm going to try to get this off again today.

Comment

First spray it down with some PB Blaster and let it sit for a bit. Now I'm not near my boat but have you tried a socket extension? Maybe a universal joint on one end? Maybe a breaker bar? I have several lengths of PVC tube that just fit around the handle of my socket wrenches to give me extra leverage.
        2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
        2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

I can't get a socket on it because the rubber tube is right there in the way. I'm going to try pb blaster. Let it sit. A little to loosen it up a little the back bolt is no problem to get with a ratchet only that front bolt is the pain. To break loose

Comment

Comment

The starter bolts is 14 mm right or is it standard

Comment

If there is a rubber tube in the way could you just move the rubber tube?

Comment

it moves but not much don't want to puncture it I fill retarded. But I'm clueless what it is.

Comment

I meant remove the hose all together. do you know what kind of hose it is? Is it held in place by some clips or mounts. When I winterize I remove the clips holding the remote oil lines to move them out of the way so I can easily get at the knock sensor on the starboard side of the engine.

Comment

It has hose clamps on it yes.

Comment

I have a 2011 z1

Comment

The hose is the water outlet that when you run the boat water comes out of it. When started

Comment

Its just regular threads. Right not reverse

Comment

I can't break the bolt loose

Comment

Working...
                              X