Cracked Block I think ??? Did not winterized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cracked Block I think ??? Did not winterized

Changed the oil last week and oil was a bit milky. first day in the water yesterday I checked to oil again after running oil was clean. Today was out for only and hour and started smoking opened to see motor and see this

Thoughts ??? And where do I get a new block from??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no. Usually we like pictures on this site, but not that one. Sorry to see it!
    Where are you located? That might make it easier for someone to help out and or find a place near you.
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Vancouver BC, Canada

Comment

I used these guys for my last engine. It was on a stern drive, but I am not sure it would make a lot of difference. http://www.michiganmotorz.com

Comment

What year is it? I wonder who made the motor for Tigé that year. Someone will know.
          I think I would want to get a new crate motor from the engine manufacturer.

Don't worry, someone smarter than me will be along with better information.

Comment

That is a Marine Power 5.7 engine. Could be a cracked block, cracked heads or a blown head casket. You could a long block from Marine Power or a reman from Jasper Engines. You will transfer all the extras to the new engine.

Comment

Thanks Lee!
              http://marinepowerusa.com
              17506 Marine Power Industrial Park
              Ponchatoula, LA 704547032
              Phone: (985) 386-2081

Comment

http://marineenginedepot.com/20012/0...ne-Long-Block/

Comment

How about the Tige dealer in Chilliwack.....Redline. Tige.ca

It's almost the end of July and you just fired up your boat for the first time!?

Comment

Yep been out of town and super busy. Ran it for 20 mins last week and no issues and again on Saturday again no issues but yesterday wakeboard for first time and an hour later she started smoking.

Comment

from where its coming from it could be a number of things but my first suspect would be the head gaskets or heads. i would need a better picture to figure out where its coming from

Comment

I would suspect the bock to crack due to freeing, long before a head or gasket. Overheating, nother story.
                        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

my only suspision on block is how do you get the oil/water mix on top of the motor with a crack in the block??? ive cracked a few blocks and never had it ontop of the motor ive blown a few head gaskets and had it all over every thing lol

Comment

water sits on top of oil and the water will raise the level of the oil. it will then purge out
                            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

ok i got cha wasnt thinking about that ive only cracked blocks extrenally where you just make a big mess on the ground not the top of the motor.

Comment

Working...
                              X