Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water leaking from under cockpit of my 2000 21V...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water leaking from under cockpit of my 2000 21V...

Hope the attachment works. Don't know what this is that the water is leaking from. Any suggestions on what this is that's leaking and how to best fix/replace it are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Attached Files

My guess is that the heater wasn't winterized. The heater core has broken. You can do a search and find what others have used. Your other option is to contact Heatercraft, may cost more.

To get yourself going, without the heater, you can get a coupler and put the two hoses together bypassing the heater.

Comment

Thx skippabcool. So I noticed that after running that the heater was turned to "on", my son must have turned the knob while we were out. Would the leak stop if I simply made sure the heater was turned "off", or do I need to bypass as you suggested? I'm not sure were this water is coming from and where it is meant to go, but I definitely don't need the heater and knew that it was broken when i bought the boat used 3 years ago.

Comment

i believe youll need to bypass it i think it will keep sending water to it even with it in the off position

Comment

It will have water flow even with the fan in the off position.

Comment

That breaker with one 8ga in and three 8ga cables out makes me a little nervous.

Yes, you can bypass the core by using a 5/8" hose connect from the auto parts store, or pull the core and match it up and have the heater back.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

It will continue to leak. The on off is just the fan the water from the engine continues to go through it. I had this happen to me last season. Thought I was sinking so much water came in! I just cut the hose back in the engine compartment and hooked it up like it originally was. Luckily I had a knife and a screw driver on the boat.
              '99 Tige 21v MercCruiser 350 MPI

Comment

Fellas, thanks for all of the help. I will take your advice and bypass the core.

Comment

could also be your your speedo tube fell off. Ask me how I know, back in the day, mine fell off and squirted water all over my new amp that was mounted under there.

Comment

I replaced this twice and You can't do enough to winterize them! Good advise from everyone...

Comment

I believe a heater core from a 70s ford econoline has the same dimensions. I had to move the core in the box as the connectors weren't as long as oem but as I recall it was about 25-30 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                        That breaker with one 8ga in and three 8ga cables out makes me a little nervous.
                        Me too, until I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and presume it's three cables IN and only one OUT!

Comment

Working...
                        X