Small bolt for E-Series Tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small bolt for E-Series Tower

Has anyone found a place to buy a couple of the E-Series small bolts for the front tower mounts? Or buy online?

E-series Tower.jpg

Its a stainless set screw but dont recall the thread size/pitch. I picked one up last month at a local fastener supply place for $.25. When you put the new one in, add a drop of red loc-tite to the threads.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Try Tacoma screw. Probably closest one to you is in Kent maybe?

Comment

Thanks CHP, easier to check online if you know what to search for. Now I think I am up to speed. Different types of set screws. 1/2 dog, conical, flat, oval, cup. The direct replacement would be the 1/2 dog. Decided to try McClendons first instead of Tacoma screw. McClendons had the direct replacement (thread size/pitch, length) but only in cup, so I went with that. It is working great - so far. Towers are tight now.

Question now is, does it really need the 1/2 dog due to the internals or is the cup just as good?

The old 1/2 dog set screw I pulled out of the tower had been significantly worn down, and had two flat spots on the side of the 1/2 dog...

Set screw.jpg

Comment

Working...
        X