Engine belt # for pcm ex 343

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine belt # for pcm ex 343

The Engine belt on my RZ2 (pcm ex 343) went and I'm trying to find a part number that an auto parts store might have so I can take our friends who are visiting out on the boat over the weekend.

Beyond the part number any ideas on why I have had a belt go each of the past two summers would be appreciated as it leaves you dead in the water!

If the belt is intact, it can be measured and matched up.

What happens and what does it look like when it goes? Premature failure is usually do to rubbing or pulley alignment.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Ok so the belt # is RO66028 and the belt is 62 1/4" in length. I was able to find a belt at the auto parts store that was 62 5/8" that fit but was very tight (think the grooves are much shallower). This is for the ex343 engine.

Still not sure why the belt has gone on me twice?

Comment

Nappa part number 060620, I have one running in my boat. I had a belt squeal at idle and I took the belt off and my ribs were worn down. When my boat was new it sat for almost a year at the dealer. I bought it as a leftover and knew some things would wear out and fail more quickly because of sitting.

Have you had a good mechanic look at your belt to tell you if its worn unevenly or just a bad belt? I bet there is a pully loose or out of alignment like Chpthrill has said.
        2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
        2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

That is the same belt I bought from the Auto Parts store, although it was a different brand but same part number. Used it on my boat for a couple of days this past weekend and seems to be working just fine.

Still not sure why I've shredded 2 belts but when I figure it out I'll post the solution.

Comment

might try to put some belt dressing on it every once in a while i dont think thats the issue but it can never hurt. i would bet agree with the two above statements but also add you could have a pully thats trying to sieze up all though i would think after two years it would have totally siezed

Comment

Working...
            X