Z1 wont Start !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z1 wont Start !!!

I took it to dealer late last year because of running bad, it had water in the gas and we removed all the bad gas, It has a 350 Vortec in it, We put a new dist. cap and all that and it ran good at the dealership, we put non ethanol gas and two cans of seaform as directed by dealer. We just pulled it out and washed it and the dang thing wont start !! Any help would be appreciated on what might be wrong.

Describe no start? Engine spins over wont start or engine wont spin over?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Engine spins over and wont start, one time it tried to start and then nothing.

Comment

Check the schrader valve on top of the motor. It looks like a bicycle stem and will shoot gas out when depressed that will tell you if the intake is getting gas.

Comment

Did the motor or wiring get wet when you washed it?

Comment

I'm not sure on 08's but the 07 I used to have had 2 fuel pumps. One of them went bad and was doing what you are describing.

Comment

Thank you I will try that

Comment

The engine nor the wiring got wet

Comment

My old tige did that once, ended up being a bad coil but also replaced the cap and new points along with wires. It would still show spark but not enough to fire.

Comment

stupid question but did the kill toggle switch get shut off by chance? My kids have done it to me is only reason I ask.

Comment

One of my kids shut off the master breaker under the dash last year! No more napping under the dash for those two anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I checked the kill switch and it is in good working condition. I tried to start it again today and it would run for three seconds and shut off , I turned the key off and then waited and then started it again and it ran for three seconds , it did it everytime. But here is the thing tho I would turn the key let it run thru its protocol and the engine would start and run for a few seconds then not turning the key off and letting it run thru the protocol just trying to start it , it would just turn over !!! Could it be a fuel pump or coil What do you think.

Comment

Any update on this. I'm going through the same thing right now with my boat.
                          Sometimes you have to do what feels good, rather than what feels right.

Comment

Originally posted by COFTYSZ1 View Post
                            I checked the kill switch and it is in good working condition. I tried to start it again today and it would run for three seconds and shut off , I turned the key off and then waited and then started it again and it ran for three seconds , it did it everytime. But here is the thing tho I would turn the key let it run thru its protocol and the engine would start and run for a few seconds then not turning the key off and letting it run thru the protocol just trying to start it , it would just turn over !!! Could it be a fuel pump or coil What do you think.
                            Sounds like fuel supply to me. Just a feeling without being there to diagnose.

Comment

Working...
                            X