Sierra Raw Water Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sierra Raw Water Pump

Hello all, just want to make sure I am getting the correct impeller for my water pump. The pump on my motor is a Sierra 18-3150. (Replaces Mercruiser 46-807151A14) I can't seem to verify what impeller goes in this. I think it is Sierra 18-3087 but I cannot find a good cross reference that verify this. Just want to make sure before I order some. When we bought the boat, the previous owner had a few extra that he gave me but they were not in their original parts bag.

Thanks,
    Last edited by hopps1945; 05-09-2015, 05:33 PM.

Both of those number are correct for that engine and pump. However, I don't use the sierra impeller because it has less blades and we've encountered trouble with them priming and losing prime.
    Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

So is there a more blade impeller form this pump or do I have to upgrade the pump to get a better impeller?

Thanks!

Comment

Mercruiser/quicksilver impellers have 10 pn47-59362T1 and the best one, silicone made by Globe manufacturing (mine's been running for 5 years now) glb2001 has 8.
        Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

So the sierra one has 8 also. is the biggest difference the type of material it is made out of that makes it superior?

Comment

Working...
          X