Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering Cable Removal Help!

image.jpg
    I can't seem to get this nut to budge. I have been working on it way too long. This is the nut that attaches to the sleeve just before attaching to the rudder. And suggestions welcome...

2000 21V

Take the bracket off its easier
    Every Day POETS day - Piss Off Early, Today we Ski

Comment

I cut my 12 point side of the wrench so I could slide it over the nut ( like a brake wrench). I cut it shorter (maybe 3 inches long) to fit in there too. I then used a breaker bar to get leverage to break the nut loose. It was a pain but worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Try soaking it with PB Blaster for a few days and use a short wrench.

Comment

Get a new tube from teleflex and pull the whole thing with the cable and replace with new.
          Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

I'll give it a try on the whole tube removal. That's going to be a tricky maneuver, getting a tool to that bracket if I remember correctly.

Comment

Make sure to tie a string to the old cable before pulling it out. use the string to run the new cable
              Tige, it's a way of life!

Comment

Well, I got the guide tube removed and the old cable out. What a relief! Since they sent me the wrong cable I'm playing the waiting game for a few more days I guess.

Thanks again for the suggestions,

Comment

Working...
                X