Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning light & manifold sensor

Hi Guys

My friends Tige RZ2 2012 model has a PCM engine. We noticed that the red warning light is constantly on. The sensor on the exhaust manifold looks burnt and the manifold looks discoloured (perhaps due to too much heat). It is is cooled by a freshwater cooling kit.

The first 6 months when he got the boat, the red warning light would come on intermittently. Its now on all the time.

We suspect that it is the burnt sensor on the manifold that is causing the warning light to activate. We thought about just changing the sensor but should we change the whole set of manifolds? We didn't want to change the sensor just for it to be burn again in a few months. Has anyone else encountered this problem? We know that a freshwater cooling kit sometimes make the system run a bit hotter.

I've attached some pictures 20141207_152443.jpg20141207_152503.jpg20141207_154224.jpg

What you see there is pretty normal, IMO. I doubt seriously that is your problem. You need to hook the boat up to diacom(computer) and see what is causing the warning. Do you have a local dealer? That boat should still be under warranty unless it was bought very early.

Comment

no local dealer nearby with a diacom. have you experienced this i the past and do you know what might be the cause?

Comment

I used to work for a dealer is why I can tell you that coloration is normal. Diacom is the software that is needed to be able to talk to the engine. There are 100's of things that can set the check engine light on. Its really tough to know what it is without the software.

Comment

FYI all those stupid catalytic motors need a very specific low phosphorous oil to keep the o2 sensors clean but yes, first it needs to be connected to a diagnostics computer.
          Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Working...
          X