Bent Prop, 2014 Z3, Need Help/Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bent Prop, 2014 Z3, Need Help/Advice

So, I'm embarrassed to say that on my 3rd time out with my brand new boat, I've already bent the prop...

Just dropped my wife off at the courtesy dock, and while pulling away I heard a 'thunk'....

Is this something I can fairly easily replace myself? Or should I suck it up and take it back to the dealer?

This is my first inboard boat ever, and so I haven't really even had a chance to get familiar with these boats yet...

Some google searching seemed to suggest the ACME 1235...
    http://www.wakemakers.com/acme-1235-propeller.html

The video on the site made it look like I just need one of these prop removal tools, and it looked pretty simple.

http://www.wakemakers.com/acme-c-clamp-prop-puller.html

But again... Myself not being familiar with these boat, I wanted to get some advice on if that is the correct prop... Should I be doing this myself? I don't see any other damage, but how can I be sure? I don't want to make a bad situation worse...

Then. Once I have the new prop. Where is the best place to send the bent one for repair? Or is it even repairable?...

20140824_231052691_iOS.jpg

Comment

http://www.themountdepot.com/Brute_P...ools_s/208.htm
      Buy this, get a new prop and send that one out for repair and keep it as a spare...on the boat...with the prop tool. All of the aforementioned will be cheaper than taking it to the dealer. Also, the prop size is stamped into the hub of the one on the boat with diameter being the first number and pitch being the second. Your shaft diameter is 1 1/8", smooth taper not splined.
      Last edited by boatwakes; 08-24-2014, 11:32 PM.
      Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Prop is super easy to pull with the C style puller. You can get them many places. 1235 is the best option for your boat if you want some more power.

Your prop is for sure repairable. Should cost around $150-$200.

Comment

Some shops will give you a refurbished prop and repair yours. The prop is designed to bend so that other stuff doesn't break.

I went through two in the first few months. Don't feel bad.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Comment

Detonate,
            I think that is entirely too much cup for that boat, you might get some speed out of it, but your holeshot is gonna suffer.

Comment

I personally love the 1235 fully weighted. less top end. much better hole shot.
              2011 Tigé RZ4
              www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

Well, the 1235 is already on the FedEx truck, so hopefully it will work out. Read a lot of good stuff about it here and over on the bu' forums.

I could care less about top end speed. I cruise mostly at 30 mph anyways. I do, however, plan on adding more weight to the boat.

Comment

I just bent a prop last month. If I had to do it over I would have sent the bent one to ACME for repairs. Not to the local prop fixer' a**hole who blew the repair... ACME will do it right the first time
                  my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

Working...
                  X