Temperature Gauge Stopped Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temperature Gauge Stopped Working

I have a 2006 24Ve and the temp gauge stopped working. No overheating issues but the gauge just dropped to the peg. Engine is a 5.7 MP and I am now chasing the issue. A couple of questions? Where is the ECT located on the engine and also how do I trouble shoot to see if it is just a bad gauge?

Thanks for any help you can give
    CHall

take a look at this. look at page 2-10 in section 2.
    http://www.marinepowerusa.com/pdfs/M...ice_Manual.pdf
    2011 Tigé RZ4
    www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

Thanks for the information. Easy to locate and no visible sign of any issue on the connection there. Now I will need to trouble shoot the gauge or the wire back to the gauge.

I saw a couple of threads about grounding the wire to check if it is a gauge or a wire problem so I will try to work my way through that.
      CHall

Comment

Tap Tap it's back.....?

Originally posted by Cory Hall View Post
        Thanks for the information. Easy to locate and no visible sign of any issue on the connection there. Now I will need to trouble shoot the gauge or the wire back to the gauge.

I saw a couple of threads about grounding the wire to check if it is a gauge or a wire problem so I will try to work my way through that.
        Update: 8-20

Ran the boat and checked connections....last resort I tapped on the glass and now it works.

I will make this a winter project and take it apart and check all the connections.

Thanks for the help
        CHall

Comment

Working...
        X