2007 22Ve Transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2007 22Ve Transmission

Long story short, I have to replace the rear main oil seal on the engine and I think I can do this by pulling the transmission. At least I am hoping that I can do it. I've noticed oil dripping onto bottom of the bell housing when the engine is running. The motor was rebuilt last year when the original rebuilt motor dropped the oil sump and had a few spun rod bearings.

Anyway, this was on the 'to do list' and not mandatory until this weekend when I heard a clanking sound when we were headed in for the day. It sounded like something bouncing around in the bell housing and touching the flywheel. Kind of like the starter drive was hung in or the flywheel was touching it every once in a while. I backed the RPMs down from 4000 to 3000 and it quit, or so I thought. A few miles later I heard it again and had to slow down even more.

So we've had a few problems since the motor was rebuilt. I've had to move a lot of harnesses and cables that the guy left in the way. I've lost the wires going to the fuel tank sensor because they got wrapped up in the output shaft. Guess what I am saying is that the guy who pulled the motor and put it back in did a crappy job and I am worried that he may have not properly aligned the motor and tranny and may have even forgot some bolts!

When I get the tranny pulled, are there other parts that I should look at replacing? I'm thinking the bolts that hold the thrust plate, or whatever they call it, to the flywheel are probably loose ( making the clanking noise) and the plate itself may be bad. Any other ideas?

Secondly, has anyone pulled the tranny and v-drive on a 22ve before? I have the 340 MP engine. It looks pretty straight forward, but wouldn't mind input from the experts!

I got the v-drive, transmission and fly wheel pulled. Found out the cam plug was the cause of the leak!! If anyone needs details on how to do this, let me know.

Comment

Working...
    X