2008 Tige Z1 with 5.7Ltr Marine Power Engine Wont Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 Tige Z1 with 5.7Ltr Marine Power Engine Wont Run

We took our Z1 out last weekend and it started and backed off the trailer idled around for at least 5 minutes with no problems. Went back to the landing picked up my wife and idled back out and got up on plane and started up the river and it started missing and I came out of the throttle and then shut it down, then started it up again and it ran ruff and then it wouldn't start at all. Asking for help on what might be wrong. Thanks

Fuel. Old fuel or dead fuel pump. Check fuel pressure at the rail and listen for the pump to prime when you first turn the key on. If the pump doesn't prime, either a fuse or relay to the pump. If the pump is getting 12 volts and not operating, then it's dead.
    Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Thank you for your time Sir. I will check this, I think my crankin battery might be on the way out .

Comment

Had the same thing happen to my Z1. We ran our tank near empty twice while on our holiday, and I believe moisture from the fuel tank is the problem. I am in the process of changing the fuel filter. I have ordered the filter but to change it out, you have to open the `canister' that holds the fuel pump and the filter. This thing is nearly impossible to open. I believe they use some type of thread lock, or `plumbers paste' when they put these together at the factory.

Anyone have similar problems changing fuel filters?

Comment

I had the same issue with mine, same year and model.

Found multiple issues with it.
          1: check your distributer, they are moulded glass filled nylon plastic, mine had snapped at the cap bolts and was moving around when I got on the gas and it messed up the timing.
          2: my mechanic found it had very low fuel pressure and found the fuel lines the be totally clogged up with crap, whoever owned the boat before me did not know how to change the fuel filter, when we got it out it was black and built up with sediment, it looked like a dirty rock!
          3: the clogged up filter and fuel lines had burnt out my high pressure fuel pump, so needed to be replaced

We used a oil filter wrench to open the fuel pump unit
          Hope some of this helps.
          Last edited by Oddy; 08-03-2014, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X