Auto bilge not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B equals BATTERY and + is for POSATIVE.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Okay so I fixed the problem, but I found even more confusion in the process.

I started by taking everything apart to understand how everything was routed.

I discovered many things. Firstly, I do have two side by side pumps for no particular reason. Both are wired and vented using their own through hulls.

Each pump has 3 wires. 2 brown and 1 black.

Despite what the shop said, these pumps have a float to turn on and not a sensor. The float can be activated by twisting that know. Neither pump turned on.

The black wire is ground and heads off into a large bundle going to the helm. The brown with white wire also runs to the helm and connects to the switch. This line is fused in the main fuse panel with a 3A fuse. This fuse was blown but I fixed it previously. Oddly enough that fuse only affected the TT and not the switch under the helm. The final brown with red wire runs directly the the battery. Both pumps are wired like this.

So I traced them to the battery and found these fuse holders. Both 3A and one was blown. I replaced with 5A.

Still didn't work. At this point I found my error. When I hooked up the batteries this spring I ran each of these brown red wires to ground and not positive. So I fixed it. Now both pumps activate with the floats!

Now here is where it gets weird. The second pump doesn't turn on with the switch. Turns out it's wire was intentionally cut. Likely because it was blowing the measly 3A fuse with both pumps connected. I decided to fix. So I tied both pumps together and now they turn on.

Last thing I found was even more weird. Given I was tracing brown wires I ran across this white connector on the starboard aft compartment (right under cup holder). You need to zoom in but look how the brown wire isn't connected. I decided to fix this and have no idea what it does. All the brown wires appeared to be lights or pumps.... but all my lights work! So any ideas?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread, as this helped me solve my auto-bilge problem yesterday. It turned out to be the in-line fuse by the battery, just like in the fourth picture down in post #17.
        2013 Z3 - Electric blue and black

Comment

Glad it helped you out! When I looked at those fuse holders I thought they were un-used connectors. I didn't find them till my second Investigation .

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X