A Couple of Wierd Issues... I think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Couple of Wierd Issues... I think?

Please don't be turned off by the length of this post, i tried summing up. We just bought a 2007 Tige 20V a couple of months ago and have enjoyed a few problem free weekends. This is the first boat I have ever owned so Im kind of lost with the problems Im dealing with. Here goes.... The engine (Marine Power 5.7) starts and idles beautifully. Revving the engine in neutral sounds perfect...but:

Problem #1 - the starboard side exhaust manifold seems to have a clicking noise internally until the engine heats up, then it goes away and seems "normal". After a good long engine run, the same manifold doesn't feel hot, in fact feels as if the engine has not been running. Compared to the port side manifold, it feels hot. To make it just a little more strange, its not even hot near the block! I unscrewed the water plug in the bottom of the manifold and the water barely feels warmer than the lake itself. Again, the water from the port side drain feels hot. On a side note, the engine temp gage stays right below the 160 degree mark, which seems normal I think. Im lost...

Problem #2 - As I mentioned, the boat runs and idles beautifully. However, moving the throttle just enough to turn the prop causes a noise. The only way I can describe the noise is an intermittent clanking kind of sound. Once I get over 5mph even, it seems to go away. It does not make that sound when the boat is in reverse. Im lost again.....

Problem #3 - This may be caused by one of the above problems. Seems like Im lacking power in the whole shot. Its not real obvious, maybe even in my head, just doesn't seem as strong as before. And on top of that I cant get the boat to go over about 35 mph @4200 rpm. 2 weeks ago before these issues, my top speed was low to mid 40's. Lost once again....

In the past week I have changed the fuel filter and added some seafoam treatment.

Compression test first then report back with your findings.
    Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Its normal to have one riser hotter than the other but seems yours may be extreem. The clicking sound when in gear could be one of many things. Mine was fixed by a combination of a v-drive pump cover fix as posted on the walter vdrive site. Theres a pin that stopps the oil pump from turning too far that works its way out and needs to be pressed in with a simple c-clamp. The other thing that helped was replacing my prop shaft seal. I think I had a little too much friction going on so the tranny would knock when turning slowly. They also say it can be cuased by incorrect timing but mine was spot on. It does seem odd all of these things are happening all at once.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X