Throttle Lever - Loose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle Lever - Loose

I have a 2002 2300V and there is an issue with the throttle lever. Forgive me if I'm not using the right terms here, but round portion at the top with the taps switch is loose. It twists left and right and it seems to be getting worse. It looks like there might be a set screw missing, but when I tried to find a screw to fit it, it wasn't really working out or fixing the problem.

Do you have any suggestions?

I think it is a very small Allen Head screw. You may have to buy a handful of different sizes and try them until you get the right one. The only other option would be some type of glue. Someone else may chime in with a better fix.

Comment

Just eyeballing the screw hole, I would assume I need something like this but I am really not sure and I do not know the exact size...

http://www.mcmaster.com/#set-screws/=hu3dvl

It looks like it needs the cone point set screw, thoughts?

Comment

Look down into that hole to make sure if the set screw is missing or not. My 2009 needs to be tightened several times a year with a 2.5mm allen key.

Comment

I will try that... when I look in the hole I can see threads and I can see something that looks stainless and it looks like it comes a point (as if to accept the cone point set screw).

Comment

Dingleberry-

you 'da man... that worked.

Comment

Originally posted by snows56 View Post
              Dingleberry-

you 'da man... that worked.

glad to hear that - now have fun!

Comment

Working...
              X