Need replacement V belt for alternator - Tige 24V 2003 model year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need replacement V belt for alternator - Tige 24V 2003 model year

I have a 2003 24v and the alternator drive belt has come off - it's not broken, but is a bit munched in a couple of places, so I need to replace it. Unfortunately the damage to the belt makes it hard to read the part number but as best as I can see it's a Gates V-belt, then there's a 4 character word unreadable, then a number in 2 parts which looks to be 8331001 242. I've had a look online and this doesn't really corelateate with Gates belt numbers - any suggestions? photo attached.

Gates V belt - alternator.jpeg

additional clarification - I'm trying to find a Gates replacement or an equivalent from another maker, so I can take it to the mechanic tomorrow and have it fitted, and then get out on the water the day after tomorrow - ideally looking for Gates part number, as I'm in New Zealand and there's a supplier here that sells gates belts. thanks for any insight.

Comment

Any other numbers on the belt somewhere?

Comment

Based on what I found online, all those numbers match up to a standard automotive 42" v-belt. Which is about right since my PCM 350 also uses a 42" v-belt for the alternator otherwise trial an error.

What do Gates belt numbers mean?
        First two digits indicate top width in sixteenths of an inch. Next two digits designate sheave angle, in degrees, that the belt is designed to fit. Last three or four digits indicate pitch length to the nearest tenth of an inch.

Comment

Working...
        X