ZF 45 No Forward or Reverse Engagement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZF 45 No Forward or Reverse Engagement

Just purchased an 08 22i with no forward or reverse. I disconnected the throttle cable and engaged the transmission by hand with no change. First I verified that the throttle cable does in fact move the linkage on the trans. Then I disconnected the throttle cable and engaged trans by hand with no change. My question is, while in gear should the prop shaft spin freely? Because it does both forward and reverse.

Boat has 180 hours. Trans fluid looks new and at proper level. No signs of contamination or metal in fluid. There is no hesitation when I spin the prop by hand. Spins smooth.

Forgot to add that the prop is in excellent condition. No signs where it may have hit something.

Comment

Boat transmissions are run off hydraulic pressure. Unless there is hydraulic pressure, the output flange will spin freely. I know on the velvet drives there is a pressure port that you can use to measure the pressure, I would imagine that there is one on the ZF45. Here is a good repair manual which might help: https://www.bakesonline.com/media/re...nual_ZF45C.pdf

Comment

Working...
      X