2008 Tige Z1, Marine Power 340HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 Tige Z1, Marine Power 340HP

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction with a concern i have with my 2008 Z1. Just purchased from a private seller, water test, boat ran solid. I get it to the lake on saturday, unload, and dock it, I have the engine fans blowing, idle while I park the truck and trailer. Waited about 15-20 mins for others to arrive. The boat sputtered and died out, cranked back up but would die. After a few mins of sitting, it started, went on out about our day. Rode it for about 10-15 mins, cruising 15-20mph, I put it in nuteral to let kids swim, get the tube ready, again, engine fan on,idle, it stalled again. after about 5 mins, it started back up, no alarms, and ran like a champ. no over heating. For the rest of the day, i just turned it off when we got out or switched riders, no more stalls, any suggestions?

Fuel pump relay sometimes don't age well om those. Cheap part to try as well. If you can listen for the pumps when you do a key on to ignition you will know for sure.

Comment

I have the same motor, same year, had the same problem (cranking battery). First check the voltage on your cranking battery with the ignition off, it should be 12V+. Second check the alternator when the boat is running, should be 13.6ish volts. Check all your connections from the battery/engine/alternator. The house battery controls the blower so it will run a long time even with the engine off.
      If I'm not surfing, I'm making money to surf.

Comment

I have an 08 Z1. I have had numerous issues with water getting into the fuel tank. I finally narrowed it down to water running off of my snap on cover and into the gas vent. However, the symptoms you are experiencing are similar to what I have experienced. Check your high pressure fuel pump. I would recommend changing this out every year, you will have better performance.

Once the fuel filter fills with water, or is partially filled you will not get sufficient fuel supply and will stall out. Or, the engine will sputter.

Before you check, order a new filter (Michigan Motorz). The filter comes with a rubber or ring that expands once it seals the fuel filter. If you take it off and expect to just replace it once you drain the water, the old rubber O-ring will not go back onto the filter. I always keep an extra fuel filter in my boat just in case.

By the way, the fuel filter canister can be a bitch to remove.

Comment

Working...
        X