PCM engine education - 2003 Tige 24v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCM engine education - 2003 Tige 24v

Hi, New to this forum, and I've just bought my first wake boat - BIG step up from my old 80's Sea Ray outboard which the kids have all learnt to wakeboard behind.
    I bought a 2003 Tige 24v and it has the PCM 330 Excalibur motor.
    I'm not a mechanic, and I'm just wanting to educate myself a little on these.
    - what year did Tige start putting PCM motors in the 24v?, and when did they stop and why?
    - given they're the mainstay motor in Nautique's, can I assume that it's a good motor to have in this boat?
    - it's done about 500 hrs, and the compression test from the dealer came up at 210 - 205 across all cylinders, which from the little I know seems ok to me, ie not huge variation between cylinders.
    - When looking for a boat to buy, I came across some other brands that had closed loop cooling or raw water cooling - is that something this engine will have, and if so, does it need any special maintenance?
    - is there any typical maintenance items I need to keep an eye on with this boat / motor, and what are the known issues, and what would be the annual things to do mechanically.
    Thanks so much for any / all input.

At the end of the day, regardless of whose name is on the tag as the marinizer, the long blocks are all GM built.

Tow boat engines typically come 100% raw water cooler or partial closed cooling. Partially closed cooling typically means the exhaust manifolds still get lake water. The block is cooled with traditional antifreeze.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

thanks for that chpthril - much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X