Cleaning the sea strainer on a 2021 RZX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning the sea strainer on a 2021 RZX

Any guidance or videos for how to dismantle the sea strainer on an RZX for cleaning? I'm moored in a location on a lake with a lot of weed with a new boat that has already had an overheat condition. The dealer cleaned the filter but I'm looking for some self guided maintenance.

If on the water, step 1 and very very important is to close the valve between the strainer and hull otherwise lake water will gush in when you unscrew the strainer cover. After that it’s pretty straight forward to take apart and reassemble. Once reassembled, be sure to open value between strainer and hull before cranking the engine otherwise raw water will not flow….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oops, forgot to say how it comes apart. Unscrew the large black cap. Should come apart by hand. Some water should drain out. I believe there is an oring, so keep an eye out for it so you don’t loose it. Pull the strainer out and clean by hand and rinse with water. Assemble in reverse order.

Don’t forget about the valve!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Forget once to close the valve a plentiful stream flows when you unscrew the cover.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Hello, I am looking for guidance or videos for how to dismantle the sea strainer on an RZX for cleaning online and I am glad I have found this post in which I have found little info on how to clean it. I want to search for my big brother. I am a school student and right now I want to know the most honest and reliable review for Edubirdie which I found over here. And when I was searching for it online, I wasn't expecting that I will also gonna find this post. I would love to share your post with my friend and I am sure it will bring a smile to his face.

Comment

Revisiting this sea strainer cleaning thread, can someone confirm whether I need to unscrew and lift the complete floor panel to gain access to the sea strainer for cleaning? My boat is a 2021 RZX.

I can't find anything online for how to clear the Tige strainer.

Comment

Working...
              X