05 24v 6.0 MP fuel pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

05 24v 6.0 MP fuel pressure

I’ve had intermittent issues with my boat since I got it 3 years ago that seemed like they could be fuel related.

I just noticed that when I click the key on but don’t start the motor , the fuel pressure comes up to 65 lbs, the pump stops whirring and then the pressure leaks down to 0 lbs over about 10 seconds.

I’m thinking this is an issue so I am trying to figure out what is causing the leak down.

Can anyone confirm this is the fuel pressure regulator?

I replaced it with the same part that was already there but it came up as a fuel filter from NAPA however I see a part from GM. That looks almost identical that is called out as a fuel pressure regulator.

Any insight out there would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone out there know if the fuel pressure should be dropping off like this when the motor is not running?

Comment

The fuel pressure SHOULD NOT be dropping off and usually indicates a stuck injector.
      Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

My thought is that a stuck injector would basically make its respective cylinder run super rich and exhaust black smoke no? The motor runs great until it heats up and then it wont idle intermittently.

Comment

So it looks like my intermittent issue is fuel pressure related.

Boat died at the lake today and I had the fuel pressure gauge on.

When it died and wouldn't restart the fuel pressure wasn't coming up over 10 psi.

According to the other threads I have read this can range from a known issue in 6.0L MP engines to vapour lock to a bad fuel pump.

Im wondering if there are any ideas out there on how to begin narrowing down which one it is.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X