Perfect Pass not holding surfing speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfect Pass not holding surfing speed

I've got a 2000 21V with a Merc 5.7 Mag MPI engine and Stargazer PP. My issue is that PP isn't holding the speed steady enough when I'm surfing. I set it at 8.8 mph, but it varies from 10.0 to 8.0. The wave gets too small when it's going too fast and too short when it's going too slow. The PP will hold it within .2 mph when going 20mph and faster. I contacted Perfect Pass to see if they had any suggestions. I did all their tests based on the videos they have on their website. It passed all the tests. The only thing they suggested was lubricating the PP cable or maybe the Merc throttle arm is sloppy.

Anyone have similar issues? How close to the set speed does your Perfect Pass hold when you are surfing? Thanks.

I'm not moving the throttle except when the PP says "Not enough throttle." I don't know anything about the spring pressure on the throttle body, but I think the tests on PP's website are designed to make sure the throttle cable is functioning correctly.

I have been curious why the ideal speed on my boat is slower than what everyone else runs. At 10 MPH, my wake totally flattens out. It may be that the speed is off. I haven't checked it with another gps. Either way, the issue is it not holding constant, so don't think that makes a difference.

I am running a stock prop. I have 700 lbs in each locker, 400 in the front, and a Wakesurf Edge wake shaper.

Comment

Working...
    X