Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 24VE High Pressure Fuel Hose

2006 Tige 24VE (Excalibur 330)
    After a couple hours of running the boat died and wouldn’t start again. It didn’t have any issues getting spark and acted like it wanted to start but seemed like it wasn’t getting fuel.

1) Kill switch checked out ok. On to fuel system.

2) Assumed it was the low pressure pump as these are a known weak point in the fuel system. When I turned the key to the on position it felt like the LPFP was priming but since I was going to be troubleshooting anyway I decided to just order a new one and replace so I don’t have to do it later. Changed the LPFP and tried. No luck wanted to start but wouldn’t catch.

3) Replace FCC fuel filter. Filter was pretty black and had fallen off of the HPFP. Inspected HPFP to find that the fuel line connecting the HPFP to the injectors had ruptured. Replaced the ruptured HPFP line (2” line), replace o-rings & filter then reinstall. Started right up and ran great.

not sure if the LPFP replacement was financially prudent but it will prevent a failure in the future and will probably be worth it.

If you are replacing the FCC fuel filter don’t forget to inspect the line at the HPFP! Replace if it looks iffy since you are already in there!
    Last edited by Bdowconnolly; 07-06-2021, 11:33 AM.

To aid in your data search, im 99% sure an 06 ve would have a Marine Power engine. IIRC, the "Excalibur" series was a Merc engine.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      To aid in your data search, im 99% sure an 06 ve would have a Marine Power engine. IIRC, the "Excalibur" series was a Merc engine.
      It is definitely a PCM excaliber.

Comment

Working...
      X