Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High oil pressure

Pcm 330. 5.7 ‘06 22ve

I’ve had the boat out a couple times this season. Haven’t been able to pull anyone yet.

Oil pressure sits at 40 when I start up. When I give it any throttle at all it goes to 60. Get up to cruising speed I’m in the mid 70’s. If I stay around 2500 rpm’s eventually I get the intermittent warning beeps. Go back to idle and won’t go back down below 60. Alarm goes away when I shut off and start back up.
    Once again at start up I’m sitting at 40 as long as I’m idling. Then it all starts again.

I’ve changed pressure sending unit and swapped the filter out. Pressures are the same as before. Oil looks good, drained 3 quarts and inspected it.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put a mechanical gauge on it to verify. There is no warning for high oil pressure so it's important to determine what's causing the alarm. When it alarms, what is the sequence of beeps; 1 long beep, two beeps every minute, single beep every 15 seconds, etc...?
    Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

I think about a second long every couple seconds. Had the rpms wrong above. Took it out again last weekend and found it to be in the high threes when it goes off.
      Hopefully theres a thumb drive on the way to my house right now so I can hook up to my computer.

Comment

1 long beep every 15 seconds

Comment

Sensor malfunctioning.

Comment

Bingo. Thanks again boatwakes.
            Knock sensor. Took on a little water first of season. Ruined starter. Obviously sensor and connector also. Both pretty corroded. Got them changed out and no alarms.

Guess my pressure gauge is just another one going out. Almost all dead now.

Comment

Originally posted by boatwakes View Post
              Put a mechanical gauge on it to verify. There is no warning for high oil pressure so it's important to determine what's causing the alarm. When it alarms, what is the sequence of beeps; 1 long beep, two beeps every minute, single beep every 15 seconds, etc...?
              Hey boatwakes , my 2002 22i Type R has (2) beeps every minute the engine is on. I just bought the boat and the most the gauges are out. Any suggestion on this warning?

Comment

Welcome Youngc, you have a sensor that is operating outside of its parameters. Those engines usually have IAC problems, fuel pressure sensor problems or throttle position sensor issues. However, to find out for sure you'll need to have it scanned. Where are you located?

Comment

Thanks for the response boatwakes, sounds like a lot of sensors could be problematic.

I'm in Abilene and plan on taking it to Tony at West Texas Water Sports to give it a once over, or I know a couple folks at the Tige plant I may call on. The boat is close to needing a new throttle cable as well. Lots of little "projects" I'm getting into with my first boat. Looking forward to learning and doing!

Comment

Its commonly SPN 441 and SPN 1076 error in engine, please check latest truck manuals from the official sources or google it, when i check spn 441 it comes with FMI 4 error and says that : Auxiliary Temperature Sensor Input 1 Circuit - Voltage Below Normal Or Shorted To Low Source ( https://spnfmi.com/spn-441-fmi-4 )

Comment

Originally posted by retra View Post
                      Its commonly SPN 441 and SPN 1076 error in engine, please check latest truck manuals from the official sources or google it, when i check spn 441 it comes with FMI 4 error and says that : Auxiliary Temperature Sensor Input 1 Circuit - Voltage Below Normal Or Shorted To Low Source ( https://spnfmi.com/spn-441-fmi-4 )
                      Did Joe Biden suddenly join us?

Comment

Come on Man.............................Lets go Brandon
                        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
                        X