2008 m/p 340hp- no communication from ECM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 m/p 340hp- no communication from ECM

i have an 08 tige and put it in the water this season after maintenance performed. it ran well on land and when 1st put in the water but shortly after launch, it started acting up, couldnt get over 3k rpms, then died completely. i get a no cummunications error from the dash display and the scan tool shows the same, ECM not found. i checked all the power from the batteries and the main breaker on top of the engine and all is well.
    i can jump the starter and it spins the engine ok. also i am not certain which MEFI system this thing has, MEFI 1-3, 4,5 or 6.
    this engine has the crab style distributor cap, not individual coils which i am finding plenty of diagram showing that style.
    any help is appreciated,

Its a MEFI-5. My 2007is as well. Your best bet is going to be to call Marine Power directly, they have been super helpful with any questions I have had so far. They will want your engine serial number, its on a bar code sticker in a few locations but easiest to spot next to the v drive tag.

Comment

Check the ECM on the engine and check plug at engine harness to boat harness connection.

Comment

of course the tag is on the back of the engine, lol. i just reinstalled the seat box with all the nuts and bolts and dividers oh what fun.

as for your post "freeheel4life" i will check the harness but if it were unplugged, wouldn't is have no power at the key?
        i have unplugged and replugged the ecm with no change.

Comment

12v constant is red wire at key. Purple on back of key is IGN positiont which "wakes up" ECM. You should hear fuel pump prime in this position.

Do you have a rectangular display saying no ECM as a sole display at center of dash or dual guages with small displays saying no ECM??

Also..you mentioned scan tool. What are you using??

Comment

Working...
          X