STILL not out of the woods... throttle issues 2005 22V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STILL not out of the woods... throttle issues 2005 22V

Ok guys.. so I've been through it with this boat the past few months. The boat is new to me about 4 months ago and had several issues since. 400 hours on the engine.

I've read several threads on throttle/potentiometer issues and tried my best to diagnose and fix myself off of what I've read but still need help where I am at now.

A couple weeks ago the pink wire (power) on my TAC Module broke off of where it connects to the key ignition behind the helm. This was not allowing me to throttle at all but still put in gear. I found and fixed the broken wire and now I can throttle.... almost always (see below).

My new problem I need help with is that randomly my throttle control dies out of nowhere. It can happen any time.. when pulling a surfer, picking up, or just cruising the lake. The engine stays running and I can only put the prop in gear forward or back but no throttle control. If I shut the engine off and turn it back on it's fixed immediately until it happens again. It may take 20 minutes or 2-3 hours to trigger.

I replaced my potentiometer on the throttle arm and calibrated it's idle position to .96 Volts as suggested in the "How to replace and calibrate your potentiometer" write up on this forum.

I get no alarms or buzzers when this happens, simply lack of throttle control.

Thank you all so much for any help! Eventually it will all be fixed and a problem free boat... right?!
Working...
X