Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marine power G force fuel filter stuck

Hey guys,

I’m trying to change my marine power 340hp fuel filter that’s located in a canister that’s screwed onto the high pressure fuel pump. I have tried like hell to get it off. I’ve even removed the entire high pressure fuel pump & canister from the boat and got in on a vice. I still can’t get the canister to unscrew with my cloth strap wrench with a 1/2” socket connected. I broke the Amazon strap wrench trying to do so.

Is there any trick to this? What’s the most heavy duty cylinder wrench I can use to get this thing to break loose?

Got the filter off... hadn’t been off for a while!!
    Attached Files

Comment

Damn dude!! Be sure to heavily grease the o-rings on the filter housing for easy removal next time.
      Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

How did you get it off. Same problem. Have it at home now will try a vise to hold it. What did you turn it with?

Comment

Use 2 strap wrenches in tandem (above and below each other) available at a hardware store. Filter housings which have never been removed are the worst and a serious amount of elbow grease will be required.
          Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Originally posted by paulct View Post
            How did you get it off. Same problem. Have it at home now will try a vise to hold it. What did you turn it with?
            A large chain wrench got it off no problem. Good luck.. my amazon cloth strap wrench was no match for it.

Comment

I got the amazon wrench to finally work. Had to tap it with a hammer to break the corrosion as i turned. A tip from a old mechanic. If it does not move hit it harder, lol

Comment

That’s a good idea I should have used

Comment

Definitely buy a chain wrench. It's a bear to get off.

Comment

Working...
                  X