Loss of all throttle while driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loss of all throttle while driving

I have a 2013 Z3 that runs great until it loses all throttle and the red triangle light start to flash and beep at me. The issue will then continue to happen each time I try to accelerate until the boat will not come off idle as all. Once it sits overnight it usually runs fine. Unfortunately, this is also the reason the local Tige mechanic cannot figure out what the issue is as once they get around to trying to figure out what the issue is, the boat runs great. I bought the boat last May and this issue started around July 4th and happened every two or so weeks after that. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I currently have too much anxiety to take my boat very far away from the dock thinking I'll have to idle all the way back.

Sounds like it is going into limp mode. Does the engine temperature stay normal around 160 degress?

Comment

Odd that its not setting a diagnostic code. This would get you (the tech) going in the right direction.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by MikeB313 View Post
        Sounds like it is going into limp mode. Does the engine temperature stay normal around 160 degress?
        From the video I have, it appears the engine temperature is around 144 degrees.

Comment

Had a similar thing on my 2014 where it wouldn't accelerate, turns out it was struggling for fuel with a clogged screen in the fuel line. Could be a handful of things but that was what it was for us.

Comment

Working...
          X