2003 22v with PCM EX330 new impeller not pumping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2003 22v with PCM EX330 new impeller not pumping

So I’m getting the boat ready and I changed the oil. Ran it on the fake-a-lake to warm up the oil. Water was coming out of the exhaust...no issues. A little more from one exhaust than the other but nonetheless...all good.

On to the impeller. Pulled the old one out...good condition. Verified rotation and put the new one in the same direction. Other than the key giving me an issue, it went in fine and tightened down no problems. Put it back on the fake-a-lake to run it and verify all is well...and no water coming out of exhaust. Water is spewing out of the side of the fake-a-lake as if the engine was off and nothing was being sucked in.

I watched the belt to verify rotation and compared it to the direction I installed the new impeller as well as the old (I took photos as I went).

Anyone run into this is before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well after waiting impatiently for a response I went at it again...lol! I read somewhere to blip the throttle to help prime the system so I tried...failed. Felt the impeller housing and it was not warm at all. I took housing cover off and bumped the ignition. Hey it didn’t turn...great. Pulled the impeller out and found no key... awesome! Turns out the key fell out when I installed the impeller and it fell into the intake side hose. Pulled the hose and found it sitting at the low point. So hopefully someone will read this later and learn from my mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
    X