New to me 2000 model 21i issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to me 2000 model 21i issues

Hey everyone, I’m new to the Ski boat world and just purchased a 2000 21i. I have always had outboard boats. Boat is overall pretty decent with the 350 mag. Fixed a few things already and trying to square away last couple of things. First is my squealing noise from engine. Sounds like a belt squeal. Belt is in good shape but I read there was a recall on engine pulley brackets and wondering if that my issue. Only squeals when accelerating. Second is my TAPS system. Worked at first and then I took dash out to add a depth guage and now will not work. Guage doesn’t work and throttle button doesn’t do anything. Any help or suggestions would be awesome.

Can't speak on the belt squeak too much I got the same issue that just started and its one of those I figure can wait till winter. lol. I was going to check all my pulleys with the belt off in hopes it was something simple.
    For the taps, check to make sure the pump has ATF (in front of drivers side in the cubby on my boat), then verify if the plate is actually not moving, or if its just the gauge. If the plate moves and the gauge doesn't, I would just make sure you haven't messed up any wires when you put in the depth gauge. 2 green wires.

Comment

Good luck with the squeal. I put a new belt on because I thought it was the old belt. It’s now worse. It goes away completely after being warmed up but, until it’s warm it’s annoying as all hell. Hopefully this winter I can figure it out. I’m thinking it’s a pulley.

Sounds like you might have broken a taps wire somewhere along the way. They are extremely small and fragile. If it was working before, I doubt it’s a fluid issue. Can you hear the pump running?

You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Working...
      X