RZX3 2019 Won't Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RZX3 2019 Won't Start

I just bought a 2019 Tige RZX3 with about 130 hours on it. Yesterday after surfing right side we stropped and changed some weight around to switch to left side. The boat would not start again. We kept checking the throttle to make sure it was not in gear and wiggled it back and forth while trying to start but nothing. There were no beeps when you turn the key and the starter was not trying to do anything. When I pressed the button and moved the throttle forward the blue light would come on. When I turned the key to on it would glow brighter blue. But if I turned the key to start nothing happens. I have only had the boat a few days and the previous owner said they have never had any issue like this with it before. We turned off the batteries a couple of times and cycled the screen on and off several times as well. The batteries still show 12.5-12.8 volts and the boat was running on the main battery only so the starter battery was not being drained.

Any ideas where I should start to try and get thing running again? The local dealership can't look at it until next week at the earliest. The boat is under warranty so I don't want to explore too deeply on my own but wanted to see if there is a known issue or if others have had this same problem?

Check the kill switch by the throttle. Not sure if it will still allow the engine to crank over or not.

Comment

I flipped the kill switch back and forth several times but that made no difference.

Comment

Found the issue, it was just a loose engine ground near the starter! I have the Raptor 440 in the boat.

Comment

Well that'll do it! Glad you got it figure out easily without a trip to the dealer!

Comment

Working...
          X