Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

05 24v 6.0 Throttle unresponsive

Hey Everyone

We were out this evening floating. We started the boat up to go for a ride and it started just fine. Pushed the throttle forward and the prop engaged but no matter how far I pushed the throttle the rpms would not increase. Basically the motor would just stay at idle. I swung the throttle back and forth all the way forward and all the way back a number of times and absolutely no change.

We decided to idle back to the dock and were making way for about 10 minutes like that and then the motor died. After a few minutes of trying to restart, it eventually fired up and then worked normally and got us back to the dock. With that said I have noticed from time to time when I power it up to get on step it will loose power for a moment and then power up again, once on step and cruising I have never seen that happen.

Any ideas on what I should be looking at?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually the throttle potentiometer needs adjusted to be within .95v-1v or potentiometer is needing replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
      Usually the throttle potentiometer needs adjusted to be within .95v-1v or potentiometer is needing replaced.
      Thanks for the reply freeheel4life.

Do you have a source on information relating to that adjustment I can look at?

Do you know where I could get a replacement?

Thanks

Comment

Knock sensor plug?
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

This is an excellent right about replacing the TPS. There is a very helpful calibration section in there.

Comment

https://www.tigeowners.com/forum/tec...d-calibrate-it

Comment

An 05 V will be cable driven, an 07 Ve/RZ will be TBW
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                Knock sensor plug?
                Hi chpthril. Is this something else I should be checking?

Comment

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                    Yes
                    Chpthrill, I'm having a very similar issue. Is the sensor plug the wires connected directly to the throttle arm, or is it somewhere else?

Comment

Working...
                    X